EcoWorld International is your Data Controller, and can be contacted as follows:
Suite 59, Setia Avenue
No. 2, Jalan Setia Prima S U13/S
Setia Alam, Seksyen U13
40170 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Telephone No. +603 3361 2552
Fax No +603 3341 3530
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data is information that relates directly or indirectly to you, where you can be identified or you are identifiable from that information or from that and other information. We collect a range of information about you for the purposes set out below.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you visit our Site, we automatically collect information such as the following about your use of our Site or services through cookies and other technologies: domain name; browser type; device ID; operating system type; device name and model; pages or screens you view; links you click; IP address; when and the length of time you visit or use our services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
Information We Collect Directly From You. When you transact with EcoWorld International, we collect a variety of your Personal Data, which may include your:
- Identity card or passport number;
- Contact information including telephone number and email address;
- Demographic information such as postal address; and
- Other relevant information provided or made available to EcoWorld International and as may be updated from time to time.
The list of Personal Data stated above is not exhaustive and may include other Personal Data depending on the nature of dealings or transaction.
HOW ECOWORLD INTERNATIONAL USES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Providing our services: Your Personal Data that EcoWorld International collects allows us to process the necessary transaction in relation to the relevant matter. Internal record keeping is part of this process. We may use the information to improve our products and services or provide you with information about special features of our Site.
- Security: To ensure that we maintain the security of our Site.
- Tailoring Content: We may use the information to customize the Site according to your interests.
- Communicating with You: EcoWorld International uses your Personal Data to inform or send notices, emails, letters or SMS about purchases of properties, our developments and changes to EcoWorld International’s terms, conditions, and policies.
- Marketing: Where we have appropriate permissions, we may periodically send promotional emails about EcoWorld International’s latest property developments and upcoming events as well as products and services by third parties, which we think you may find interesting.
- Analysing Use of Our Services: From time to time we may use your data for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services that we provide.
- Corporate Exercises: To ensure that we can operate as a global organisation and continue to expand and grow, including in connection with mergers, acquisition, sale of assets or joint ventures.
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The personal data processing described in this Policy is:
- necessary for entry into, or performance of, a contract with you; This applies to the processing purposes described at A and D;
- necessary for the legitimate interest of EcoWorld International, where these are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; This applies to the processing purposes described at B, C, E (save where consent is required by law), F and G;
- necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations under certain laws; and
- in limited circumstances, including where consent is required for marketing pursuant to the e-Privacy Directive and to the extent the legal bases for processing do not apply, processed with your consent (which we obtain from you from time to time). To the extent we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com.
The ‘legitimate interests’ referred to above are:
- the processing purposes described in the relevant parts of this Policy, to the extent the processing is necessary in order to (i) comply with our legal obligations under certain laws or (ii) to enter into any contract with you and fulfil our obligations thereunder;
- meeting and complying with our accountability requirements and regulatory obligations globally; and
- exercising our fundamental rights and freedoms, including our freedom to conduct a business.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
We may disclose the information that we collect about you, including personal information, to certain third parties in order to help manage our business and deliver our services. These third parties may from time to time have to access your Personal Data, and include:
- our Group Companies detailed here www.ecoworldinternational.com/corporate-structure/;
- service providers, such as vendors, sales agents, marketing agents, consultants, insurers, adjusters, utility companies, credit reporting agencies or others who provide services such as managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in EcoWorld International’s developments and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys;
- our regulators, such as the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Commission, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and other regulators and law enforcement agencies in Malaysia and the EU and round the world to ensure that we can comply with legal obligations;
- solicitors and other professional advisors, where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the security of our Site or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved; and
- any entities who purchase or invest in us.
Some of our group entities and processors are located outside of your country, therefore we may share your Personal Data overseas. If we do, EcoWorld International will ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- we will only transfer your Personal Data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for Personal Data by; or
- where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give Personal Data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- if we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
In those cases, you will have the right to ask us for more information about the safeguards we have put in place as mentioned above (e.g. to request a copy where the safeguard is documented, which may be redacted to ensure confidentiality).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
EcoWorld International takes the necessary precautions, both administrative and technical to safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, usage, alteration or destruction.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND ACCESS
You have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data which should be exercised by contacting EcoWorld International. In summary, you may request to access your data, request the rectification of any mistakes relating to your data, request the erasure of records which are no longer required, request the restriction on the processing of your data, object to the processing of your data, or request to exercise your right of data portability. You also have various rights in relation to any automated decision making and profiling, however we do not carry out these activities in connection with the Site.
Please note the following if you do wish to exercise these rights:
- Identity. We take the confidentiality of all records containing Personal Data seriously, and reserve the right to ask you for proof of your identity if you make a request.
- Fees. We will not ask for a fee to exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Data, unless your request for access to information is unfounded, repetitive or excessive, in which case we will charge a reasonable amount in the circumstances.
- Timescales. We aim to respond to any valid requests within one month unless it is particularly complicated or you have made several requests, in which case we aim to respond within three months. We will let you know if we are going to take longer than one month. We might ask you if you can help by telling us what exactly you want to receive or are concerned about. This will help us to action your request more quickly.
- Exemptions. Local laws, including in Malaysia and the UK, provide for additional exemptions, in particular to the right of access, whereby Personal Data can be withheld from you in certain circumstances, for example where it is subject to legal privilege.
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by contacting EcoWorld International at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint or concern about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us in the first instance and we will attempt to resolve the issue as soon as possible. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority at any time. In Malaysia, the supervisory authority for data protection is the Personal Data Protection Commission (https://www.pdp.gov.my/) and in the UK it is the ICO (https://ico.org.uk). We do ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.